- The TWA Hotel
201 E 45th St
MCR is the sixth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan, and the TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. The companys innovative approach to guest services and unparalleled attention to detail are redefining the hotel experience and earning recognition from publications including?The New York Times,?The Wall Street Journal,?Cond? Nast Traveler?and?Travel + Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 associates and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. Consistently honored with excellence awards, the company was named one of the United States top owners in 2018 by?Hotel Business. For more information on MCR, please visit www.mcrhotels.com
The Sales Manager will report to TWA Hotels Director of Sales and will be responsible for the sales and revenue generating efforts with emphasis attaining the hotel goals of maximum revenue and profit while providing the guest with the highest level of quality service. The ideal candidate for this position is a go getter with a proven track record of creative promotion concepts and smart selling techniques. He or she must be a highly communicative, meticulously organized team player who possesses a positive, problem-solving attitude and a passion for innovation
Primary Responsibilities: ?
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate with supervision on individual groups and events within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for prompt handling (within one business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming group details to the client.
- Handle leads from a variety of market segments, including but not limited to: Corporate, Association, SMERF, and Government.
- Attending day or overnight meetings/events/tradeshows/sales calls that may involve bending/kneeling/stooping and lifting objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Coordinate the lead response and qualification of photo/film shoots as needed.
- Play major role in business development and market demands and easily adapting to new strategies based on market conditions.
- Compiles lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from the internet, business directories and other sources.
- Make in-person sales calls to potential clients at their place of business on a regular basis.
- Travel required to and from businesses of potential clients (as determined by management).
- Entertain potential business clients on site (as determined by management).
- Use qualified account reports as appropriate during sales visits with potential clients.
- Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and group activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel by utilizing various reports along with the guidance of Revenue Management and Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Ensure contractual agreements are honored by all parties (e.g. Deposits, attrition, addendums, rooming lists).
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to?upsell?clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Contracts and Group Resumes as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services.
- Follows up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates, etc. to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Participate in RFP process for Hotel.
- Meet and greet client upon arrival as well as visit with client daily when in-house.
- Obtain, detail, document and route all necessary information on definite groups, including billing information, credit application, rooming list and VIP Arrangements. Develop new business through obtaining accounts from competition, lateral development of existing accounts and contacting new customers in the market.
- Coordinate and participate in monthly sales blitzes.
- Maintain and develop?3rd?party group booking sites
- Assist, where necessary, in maintaining digital marketing, social media campaigns, website initiatives and all to promote the hotel
- University or college degree equivalent. Bachelor's degree in in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel & Restaurant Management, or related major or professional area
- Minimum of 3 years or more of experience in Hotel Sales & Marketing
- Previous management experience highly preferred
- Computer skills and knowledge of industry focused systems such as OPERA, Salesforce & Delphi including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of property operations, Food and Beverage (F&B.).
- Knowledge of the group and event sales process and how to close a sale.
- Team-based selling experience.
- Ability to handle customer inquiries and leads requests for groups (e.g., Full Service and Selected Service/Extended Stay, 10-99 peak room nights)
- Demonstrates excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- An aptitude for self-motivation
- A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach to hotel sales management?
- Strong computer skills
- A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel?
Associated topics: administrative, director of sales, leader, management, manager of sales, regional sales manager, sales leader, team lead, team leader, territory manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...