- Red Rabbit
143 Morningside Ave
Red Rabbit is a young, energetic company changing the way children eat in school by providing made from scratch, kid-approved meals. Our commitment to high quality, nutritious meals, and exceptional customer service has made Red Rabbit a leader in NYC school food. The future of Red Rabbit is exciting, as we are continuously growing our operations, and the Operations Director will be a crucial team member in this expansion.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to lead the smooth functioning of our daily logistics and delivery systems. Primary functions include strategic department oversight, management and training of logistics personnel, and the implementation and maintenance of efficient operations processes. This leadership role functions at the intersection of our culinary, delivery and customer service operations and bears tremendous responsibility for the daily success of our operation.
The ideal candidate is a multi-faceted operations expert, that thrives on building efficient systems in a fast-paced, complex environment. Candidates should possess both the analytical skills and soft skills needed to juggle many moving parts and people simultaneously. Success is determined by candidate's ability to anticipate and eliminate operations problems in an efficient, lasting way as well as candidate's ability to train, develop and motivate effective teams. This role reports to the C-suite and is expected to contribute to strategic business initiatives.
* Lead the daily activities of our packing, logistics and delivery operations. Coordinate daily communication flow between departments and maintain logistics support systems (gps tracking, etc). Be the daily go-to point person, using accumulated knowledge and quick decision making to solve problems in the fastest, safest manner.
* Support department heads in their HR functions including recruiting, hiring, training and compliance. Coach and mentor team members. Inspire a positive team dynamic that engages team members and supports our can-do customer first culture.
* Drive improvement measures and foster a culture of continuous improvement. Propose and evaluate creative, research driven solutions to enhance operations capabilities. Partner with culinary, delivery, and customer service leadership to develop overall operations strategy.
Skills & Requirements
* 7+ years operations management experience; preferably in logistics, delivery or food service
* Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or relevant field (MBA's preferred)
* Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop employees
* Experience with HR performance management systems, finance and logistical systems, compliance needs, and asset management
* Must be extremely well organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
* Exceptional communication skills and are a leader for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and executive leadership
* Capable of leading high-visibility projects from start to finish with measurable results
* Must share our passion for improving nutrition and health in schools
* Ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
Job Type: Full time.
Typical Hours: Monday - Friday 7am - 3pm
Location: Harlem, NY
Reports to: COO
Compensation: $70K - $80K (plus benefits)
About The Company:
Red Rabbit is growing fast - together we are changing the way an entire generation approaches food, through our whimsical menus, sustainable business practices and a focus on doing work that matters. If this sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, you may be the perfect fit!
Pro tip: When applying to this job, note we value creativity in thinking and real problem-solving skills. Tell us how you've added value to a team in the past and why you want to join Red Rabbit.
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: analyst, director, generalist, lead, leader, logistics analyst, logistics management, rep, warehouse manager, warehouse specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...