- InterContinental New York Barclay
- $28,740.00 -39,230.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
201 E 45th St
Prepare meals in accordance with portion and quality standards specified in recipes. Control food usage to minimize waste.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services. May occasionally interact directly with guests.
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters. Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist by performing ware washer or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Prepare and cook orders for daily operations.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and Holiday Inn requirements.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Some food preparation experience or training preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff and supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
More detail about InterContinental New York Barclay, please visit
Associated topics: baker, banquet, cafeteria, cocinera de la preparacion, cocinero de la parrilla, complimentary, grill, meat cutter, restaurant cook, station
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...