- ESR Healthcare
201 E 45th St
Senior Software Engineer New York City, NY, 10017 ref
direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
seeks a senior software engineer to join our expanding company as a full-time employee. This position provides an exciting opportunity to join a global securities and commodities business leader and top US broker-dealer. Interactive Brokers offers competitive salary and benefits including bonuses and stock incentive plan.
Design and develop applications and services for IB s real-time, risk-based margin system. That system continuously enforces risk limits for client accounts and automatically and autonomously closes out positions if an account violates its limits. This system has been for decades and continues to be the gold standard in risk control and margin across the financial industry.
Optimize and refactor existing code for improved reliability and performance.
Write and maintain design and engineering documentation.
Bachelor s or Master s Degree in Computer Science, or related degree
Minimum 4 years of professional programming experience.
Expert level C++ programming.
Smart, technically oriented, willing to work hard and learn every day.
Experience with large-scale software systems.
Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
Experience with Linux, Python, SQL and Perl as well as experience working in a financial institution with securities and commodities products or risk management are a plus but not required.
Referral reward:10% of base salary Job type:Direct hireJob function:Information TechnologyIndustry:Financial ServicesExperience level:Mid-seniorEducation level:Bachelor s degreeJob classification:ProfessionalsLocation:New York, NYZip code:10017Skills: C++, experience with large-scale software systems, Experience with Linux Python SWL AND Perl, experience working in financial institution with securities and/or commoditiesExperience required: 4 Years Relocation assistance:YesVisa requirement:Only US citizens and Greencard holdersNumber of positions: 1
Pre screen questionnaire:
1. Will the candidate require relocation assistance?
2. Are you currently working? If yes, is applicant a permanent employee or consultant?
3. What is the desired base salary?
4. What is the reason for leaving current firm?
5. Make sure all dates are on the resume unless candidate is less than 12 to 15 years out of school
6. Make sure all employment gaps are explained and if lots of job hopping, explain
7. What is the candidate's current location?
8. Does the candidate now or in the future require visa sponsorship? If so, please indicate visa type, status and status of i140, if applicable.
9. It s highly recommended that you add a short cover letter as the first page of the resume document you are about to upload (NOT A SEPARATE DOCUMENT). This should position why the candidate is an ideal fit for the role, address all gaps in or short-term employment, and how the client/role is a great match for them. This is to best position your candidate for the role. Please indicate whether or not the resume includes a cover letter as page one of the document.
10. Please confirm that the candidate name submitted AND the name on the resume are indeed the candidate s legal name (no nicknames).
11. ALL SUBMISSIONS require an Agency Questionnaire. To help you with completing this, please visit this new website . This will provide you with helpful information about completing the Agency Questionnaire, a link to the NEW Agency Questionnaire, details about the assessments, and what to expect next during the candidacy of applicants.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT A SHORT COVER LETTER BE ADDED AS PAGE ONE OF THE RESUME DOCUMENT (NOT A SEPARATE DOCUMENT). THIS SHOULD POSITION WHY THE CANDIDATE IS AN IDEAL FIT FOR THE ROLE, ADDRESS ALL GAPS IN OR SHORT-TERM EMPLOYMENT, AND HOW THE CLIENT/ROLE IS A GREAT MATCH FOR THEM.
Associated topics: application architect, architect, architecture, backend, back end, c, design pattern, expert, java, programming
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...